This communication is an addendum to our previously distributed client advisory:
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on our day-to-day lives continues to evolve. Please review the following memo regarding our response and preparedness as we work through this challenging time.
Operational Modifications and Considerations:
- InnerCircle is prepared to help your team stay productive and navigate operational challenges during this rapidly changing situation.
- Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately, we will be transitioning our staff to operate remotely. Our toolset is 100% cloud based and so our ability to provide your organization with remote support will be unchanged.
- We are postponing all on-site support until further notice. Should an emergency arise requiring our assistance on-site, we will make a best effort to provide resources.
- We realize that many organizations have similarly instructed and organized employees to work from home. Our team is dedicated to providing your staff with the same level of outstanding support you are accustomed to. Nevertheless, we encourage you to set appropriate expectations for support and responsiveness with your staff. If individual issues are priorities, please make sure that urgency is communicated appropriately when the issue is raised. Given the increase in volume of support requests that we are receiving, we ask that you emphasize to your employees that requests made outside of business hours should be reserved for true emergencies.
- Many of your employees will be working from home for the first time. Our team is ready to assist them with issues or questions related to supported remote solutions. We encourage all clients to make sure that your employees are familiar with those solutions and systems. If additional documentation is required for connectivity please do not hesitate to reach out.
- Even organizations with carefully thought out contingency and continuity plans may discover that there are needs that have not been planned for. If there is a service, tool or software that your team would benefit from but you don’t currently have in place, please reach out to our team to assess and review your options. Unfortunately, crisis situations present opportunities to make quick but potentially damaging decisions. Security and the integrity of your data must remain a priority. Let us help you address newly identified needs intelligently.
- Should equipment for your employees be required, we strongly encourage you to speak to our team prior to purchasing. We can best advise at to the compatibility of hardware that might be required during this period.).
Be Aware of COVID-19 Phishing Scams:
The Department of Homeland Security CISA (cyber and infrastructure) warns individuals to remain vigilant for phishing attempts related to Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). All employees should remain vigilant and take the following precautions.
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments.
- Use trusted sources—such as legitimate, government websites—for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
- Avoid downloading and installing tools that advertise themselves as a means of tracking the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Flag any requests for action for further review. It’s important to scrutinize communication that seems out of place during this crisis. When possible, we are happy to review the veracity of inbound communication.
Please note, because many manufacturing and supply chains are shut down or otherwise disrupted, it is proving extremely difficult to procure new computers and other IT equipment. If you have any new hires on the horizon or other IT purchases in mind that our team is not aware of, please let us know so we have as much lead time as possible to order equipment.
If there are any other relevant concerns you have regarding the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on your operations please do not hesitate to reach out to our team.